Note: This is an outdated archive. For updated speaking/interviews pages please see my current site, johnfeeney.net.
To arrange a broadcast interview, print interview, or speaking engagement please email me at:
Or use the form on the Contact page.
Topics might include anything found on this site. A few examples are:
- Population growth: Among many subtopics are (a) why it’s a fundamental environmental problem, (b) what we can do about it, (c) why it’s been overlooked in recent decades, (d) the politics of population, including objections to addressing it from both the left and right, (e) flaws in arguments which dismiss its importance, including the widespread argument that we can reach global sustainability through consumption reduction alone, and (f) the link between population growth and the “sixth mass extinction.”
- How the media are missing the biggest story in human history: How the media distract us with issues of secondary importance and resist acknowledging that the global ecological crisis is the biggest story of all.
- Our global ecological plight: Subtopics include (a) how we got into this mess, (b) fundamental causes, (c) what might help us avert catastrophe, and (d) why our view of ourselves as separate from or superior to other species threatens our own well being and that of all other species.
- The population explosion: Why it matters now more than ever
- Waking up to humanity’s greatest challenge
- Numbers get in the way: Why living lightly is not enough
4/9/08, 1:00pm - Speaking on The population explosion: why it matters now more than ever at Estes Park High School, Estes Park, Colorado. Organized by the Sustainable Mountain Living Group.
3/18/08, 7:00pm - Speaking on The population explosion: why it matters now more than ever at the Estes Park Museum, Estes Park Colorado. Organized by the Sustainable Mountain Living Group.
Spring, 08 - Speaking at The Long Emergency Teach-In, Boulder Colorado (Details to follow)
9/29/07 – Speaking on Waking up to Humanity’s Greatest Challenge at A Renaissance of Local, a County-Wide Festival, Conference and Expo in Lyons, Colorado (September 28-30), organized by Boulder County Going Local.
4/08 - 5/08 – Free Range Thought, WKNY Radio (1490 AM), Kingston NY, with hosts Adam Roufberg and Robert Johnstreet is running a series of shows on population and the global ecological crisis, including discussions of food issues, mass extinction, and other topics. I’m appearing on and acting as co-host on those shows. Here is the link to the series. And here are links to the individual shows on which I appear:
- 4/13, Show #1: General introduction to the series. I speak with Adam and Robert about the global ecological crisis and topics to be featured in upcoming shows.
- 4/20, Show #2: Population growth, impacts, and solutions, with David Paxson of World Population Balance and Bill Ryerson of the Population Media Center.
- 4/27, Show #3: The global food situation, population, biofuels and related issues, with David Pimentel.
- 5/4, Show #4: The current mass extinction, its link to population, and related topics, with Jeffrey K. McKee.
- 5/11, Show #5: Rewilding is a growing movement to recognize the fundamental unsustainability of much of the edifice on which modern civilization is based, and to prepare for an expected collapse. We spoke with rewilder Urban Scout.
4/6/08 – Print interview on Corrupt.org. This is a wide ranging interview on some key ecological topics including population, the “green” movement, the media’s handling of environmental topics, and more.
3/14/08 -Print interview: Humans on earth, Estes Park Trail-Gazette
12/9/07 - Appearance on Free Range Thought, WKNY Radio (1490 AM), Kingston NY, with hosts Adam Roufberg and Robert Johnstreet. (Follow-up: Click here for the interview. I come on about a third of the way through the first segment.)